1. Steroids Forum
  2. Steroids UNCENSORED
  3. How do steroids work differently in medical use versus bodybuilding?

How do steroids work differently in medical use versus bodybuilding?

1 year ago #1
dan88
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 dan88
dan88
Contributing Member Posts: 212  Reviews: 0  Threads: 44 

Anyone who has experience and used steroids frequently kindly answer this questions for me.
How can steroids be used for medical purposes such as helping with asthma or rashes, but also be used to increase muscle mass in bodybuilding? When prescribed for medical reasons, why do steroids not typically affect weight or muscle mass?

• Created

dan88 1 year ago
  • Last Reply

House 9 months ago

replies

views

users

1 year ago #2
unreal89
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 unreal89
unreal89
Contributing Member Posts: 53  Reviews: 0  Threads: 9 

Steroids are used in sports for athletic purposes, whereas, they also treat conditions like asthma, COPD, eczema, painful joints, sciatica, and many other as well. It is a misconception that it is only used for bodybuilding. Yet professional assistance is required for each condition.

9 months ago #3
yourmuscleshop
Super Source Lv. 3
Threads:
Reviews:
 yourmuscleshop
yourmuscleshop
Super Source Lv. 3 Posts: 538  Reviews: 1  Threads: 934 

Steroids used for medical purposes, such as corticosteroids, and anabolic steroids used for bodybuilding, are different in their composition and intended effects. Corticosteroids are anti-inflammatory medications that suppress the immune system, while anabolic steroids are synthetic variations of testosterone, a male sex hormone.

In medical use, corticosteroids are commonly prescribed to treat conditions like asthma, rashes, and other inflammatory conditions. When administered as inhalers or topical creams, corticosteroids work locally, reducing inflammation and improving symptoms in specific areas of the body. These medications generally have a minimal impact on overall weight or muscle mass because they are applied or inhaled directly at the site of inflammation and have limited systemic absorption.

Anabolic steroids, on the other hand, are primarily used to promote muscle growth and enhance athletic performance. When used for bodybuilding purposes, individuals often take higher doses and for longer durations than medically prescribed. Anabolic steroids exert their effects by increasing protein synthesis, nitrogen retention, and enhancing muscle recovery and growth. They have systemic effects, affecting the entire body, including muscle tissue.

The reason why medically prescribed corticosteroids do not typically lead to significant weight gain or muscle mass increase is due to the dosage and duration of use. Medical prescriptions for corticosteroids are carefully tailored to address specific conditions, using the lowest effective dose for the shortest duration necessary to achieve the desired therapeutic effect. This approach minimize weight gain or muscle mass changes.

Jovana

9 months ago #4
House
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 House
House
Contributing Member Posts: 229  Reviews: 0  Threads: 39 

Hey bro, as far as I know, Steroids have medical uses for conditions like asthma and rashes. It is administered in lower doses and targeted applications to minimize systemic effects. Medical steroids are prescribed in a way that avoids significant impacts on weight or muscle mass. Anabolic steroids, however, used in bodybuilding, involve higher doses and longer durations to promote muscle growth and performance enhancement. Feel free to ask any other questions.

gcx01

2 hours ago .  4.75

Firstly, I was highly impressed by their customer service. Every interaction went smoothly. The delivery process exceeded my expections. I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly my order arrived - I must applaud their discreet packaging as well. However, the pricing may be a det ...

Tonillo

16 hours ago .  5

Ya he hecho varios pedidos y no tengo ninguna queja.En varias ocasiones me he puesto en contacto con ellos y responden muy rápido.El último pedido llegó muy rápido y todo perfecto

Tbk94

19 hours ago .  5

Perfect communication and very fast shipping!I ordered several times from Deus, the qualitiy and pricing is always the best.