1 year ago #1
dan88
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 dan88
dan88
Contributing Member Posts: 212  Reviews: 0  Threads: 45 

Hey everyone, I recently strained my bicep while practicing cleans with kettlebells. Although there are no outward signs of injury, I can feel the muscle has been pulled or strained. I'm following the RICE method and giving it time to heal, but I still want to continue my workouts.

My questions are:
Are there any kettlebell exercises that I can safely do without involving my biceps?
Does anyone know of a potential timeline for recovery?
I'm really upset about this setback because I've been doing yoga and kettlebells consistently for the past few months and they've greatly improved my overall wellbeing. I'm hoping for some guidance, tips, and reassurance from anyone who may have gone through a similar experience. Thank you!

• Created

dan88 1 year ago
  • Last Reply

aisgood 1 year ago

replies

views

users

1 year ago #2
Ziller33
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 Ziller33
Ziller33
Contributing Member Posts: 331  Reviews: 0  Threads: 86 

Some safe kettlebell exercises that can be done without involving the biceps include deadlifts, goblet squats, and two-handed swings. The recovery timeline can vary depending on the severity of the strain, but it's important to listen to your body and give it enough time to heal before resuming regular workouts. Seeking advice from a healthcare professional or physical therapist is also recommended.

1 year ago #3
aisgood
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 aisgood
aisgood
Contributing Member Posts: 179  Reviews: 0  Threads: 36 

It is recommended to avoid any kettlebell exercises that engage the biceps while you are recovering from a strain. Instead, you can focus on lower body exercises such as squats, lunges, and deadlifts. The recovery timeline can vary, but it typically takes a few weeks to a few months to fully heal. It's important to be patient and allow your body to fully recover before resuming your regular workout routine. Consulting with a medical professional is also recommended to ensure proper treatment and recovery.

1 year ago #4
House
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 House
House
Contributing Member Posts: 229  Reviews: 0  Threads: 40 

If possible, it's recommended to consult with a doctor to get an accurate timeline for recovery. In the meantime, it's best to take it easy and stick to light workouts such as yoga and walking. Giving yourself a break is important, and any lost strength can quickly be regained once you've fully recovered.聽

1 year ago #5
DOUBLEG67
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 DOUBLEG67
DOUBLEG67
Contributing Member Posts: 105  Reviews: 0  Threads: 22 

Dear Dan,
Take your time to heal; don't rush because it might ruin things more. Meanwhile, your arm is healing, you can do a kettlebell workout focusing on your chest and abs. But, I would say take a break because somehow every kettlebell exercise affects arms in one way or another!

1 year ago #6
aisgood
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 aisgood
aisgood

It's important to give your bicep time to heal and avoid aggravating the injury further. As for the steroid question, it's not recommended to use them for aesthetic purposes or to aid in recovery from an injury. Consultation with a healthcare professional and following a proper recovery plan is the best course of action.

Quoted dan88; Post# 3404

Hey everyone, I recently strained my bicep while practicing cleans with kettlebells. Although there are no outward signs of injury, I can feel the muscle has been pulled or strained. I'm following the RICE method and giving it time to heal, but I still want to continue my workouts.
My questions are:
Are there any kettlebell exercises that I can safely do without involving my biceps?
I'm really upset about this setback because I've been doing yoga and kettlebells consistently for the past few months and they've greatly improved my overall wellbeing. I'm hoping for some guidance, tips, and reassurance from anyone who may have gone through a similar experience. Thank you!

1 year ago #7
Ziller33
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 Ziller33
Ziller33
Contributing Member Posts: 331  Reviews: 0  Threads: 86 

Yes, there are several kettlebell exercises that you can do without involving your biceps, such as goblet squats, kettlebell swings, and single-leg deadlifts. However, it's important to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new exercise program, especially if you're recovering from an injury.

Quoted dan88; Post# 3404

My questions are:

1 year ago #8
House
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 House
House
Contributing Member Posts: 229  Reviews: 0  Threads: 40 

As for the potential timeline for recovery, it can vary depending on the severity of the injury and the individual's healing process. It's best to work with a healthcare professional to develop a recovery plan and monitor progress.

Quoted dan88; Post# 3404

My questions are:

1 year ago #9
aisgood
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 aisgood
aisgood

Heyy, i just wanted to know how kettlebells workout is working for you?

Quoted dan88; Post# 3404

My questions are:

Quoted dan88; Post# 3404

My questions are:

Enrique

1 minute ago .  5

Cada visita a esta tienda es una inmersi贸n fascinante en el mundo del conocimiento del fitness. Su compromiso continuo con la certificaci贸n y la educaci贸n me permite no solo comprar productos, sino tambi茅n construir mi propio estilo de vida para la salud.

Ferdinand

7 minutes ago .  5

Very good online shop steroids, we do not have such, so I buy anabolics and other necessary drugs only here. I like the wide choice of pharma for every taste and purse.

Roberto

15 minutes ago .  5

Cada compra en esta tienda contiene no solo un producto, sino tambi茅n una pieza de educaci贸n. Su pasi贸n por la certificaci贸n y la educaci贸n crea un entorno donde cada cliente puede sentirse como un estudiante en el mundo de la nutrici贸n f铆sica.