2 years ago #1
Ziller33
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 Ziller33
Ziller33
Contributing Member Posts: 331  Reviews: 0  Threads: 85 

The following post is from Got Fina and relates to what can be used for an abcess. It's of very particular interest to me as I'm allergic to penicillin. By the way, acid_doctor is a real doctor!

Posted by acid_doctor on 08-28-2002 08:50 AM:
I never did before but do now. I just got over a God-awful infection I caused myself from my converted Synovex H. I had flu-like symptoms for a couple weeks and just couldn't figure out why I felt like shit. Then after putting 3 cc into my right delt, I had massive swelling the next day. I started antibiotics and over the next 3 days developed an abcess in that delt as the swelling went down and actually felt better. I drained it and this was about as bad as I have seen. There was at least 15cc of frank pus. Thick gray stinky septic pus. This was no sterile abcess. This was clearly caused by contaminated gear and it was definitely gear I made. So that sucks. Anyway, I had been drawing out of a 50 ml vial and it was nearly gone so I threw that vial away. I will only draw out of smaller vials from now on to minimize the number of times I draw from a particular batch and minimize the risk of contamination. Plus, I baked all my vials of gear that were homemade. Since I stopped my syno and switched to some IP cyp and susp/prop I had, I am feeling great again and have no more feelings of illness. So, I have learned my lesson on homemade gear. I had gotten away with sloppy technique for a long time but no more. I will be much more careful to maintain sterility and bake all my homemade gear. I used 275 degrees for 20 min, cooled completely and repeated that cycle 2 more times. Hope that works. Too bad I don't have access to ionizing radiation.

Posted by tatmark1 on 08-28-2002 08:55 AM:
i think that for home sterilizing that a pressure cooker would be the best option,basiclly a crude autoclave

Posted by notacow on 09-03-2002 12:23 AM:
autoclave is what the pro's use. but you can get a high temp w/o pressure (in the oven) in this situation because it's not water based. You should put an oven thermometer in the oven to be SURE you're getting the right temp.

(we're not canning peaches here)

Posted by xcelbeyond on 09-03-2002 05:07 AM:
quote:
Originally posted by acid_doctor
I started antibiotics and over the next 3 days developed an abcess in that delt as the swelling went down and actually felt better. I drained it and this was about as bad as I have seen. There was at least 15cc of frank pus. Thick gray stinky septic pus. This was no sterile abcess. This was clearly caused by contaminated gear and it was definitely gear I made.

What is a good antibiotic to take and how much (I'm allergic to penecillin)?

Thnx
xcel
Lift smarter, not more
60% Nutrition - 25% Workout - 10% Rest - 5% Supplementation

Posted by NJ on 09-03-2002 05:41 AM:
Dicloxacyllin is good for skin infections. But, that may come in the penicillin familiy.

I have done it both ways. When, I've been rushed I've skipped the baking part. But, really I think it's a good idea to go through the motions. Just for extra precaution.

NJ

Posted by BillyGman on 09-03-2002 05:55 AM:
The one
that I know of (although I've never had to use it) is called ROCEPHIN(Ceftriaxone Sodium) by Roche and has to be injected directly into the site(ouch) but is claimed to work very quickly. it is a sterile powder that has to be reconstituted with bacteriostatic water just like HCG does. I was told that one gram should be injected into the site. The formula (ie. amount of water to use) for the reconstitution is listed in the PDR. It doesn't come with the water as HCG usually does.

Posted by acid_doctor on 09-03-2002 09:27 AM:
Diclox is a penicillin. Rocephin is a good choice and you really don't have to inject it straight into the site. An IM injection will work probably as well. Keflex (cephalexin), Avelox, Levaquin, Biaxin, and Zithromax would all be decent choices if you are penic

• Created

Ziller33 2 years ago
  • Last Reply

Ziller33 2 years ago

replies

views

users

@Mxla09 Vielen Dank für Ihr Feedback - wir wissen es wirklich zu schätzen!

PazMalta

5 hours ago .  5

I have ordered a couple of times now from DeusPower.shop and I'm very pleased with the experience. They offer a wide array of products that perfectly match my workout needs. (Mostly explosiv strength for martial arts). The quality of the supplements is outstanding, contributing ...

AllanG.

6 hours ago .  4.5

Ich habe Medikamente für die Therapie nach dem Kurs bestellt. Die Lieferung dauerte etwa eine Woche.Die Preise sind vergleichbar mit anderen Geschäften, aber das Sortiment ist größer. Ich habe alles gefunden, wonach ich gesucht habe