1 year ago #1
admin
Administrator
Threads:
Reviews:
 admin
admin
Administrator Posts: 1001  Reviews: 45  Threads: 87 

This is a general guide for beginning and intermediate bodybuilders that don't know the principles behind muscle growth yet or are not happy with the results that they are currently getting. We will go through training, diet and gear. I will tell you the principles behind everything that I recommend for you to do, so you can understand why certain things happen, so in the future you can fix problems yourself. Bodybuilding is a very simple and logical endeavor. Everything that you do has to be logical. Only logical actions will give you results. Every time that you come across a new principle, always ask yourself it it makes logical sense. If it does not, dump it!

TRAINING

Why does a muscle grow? Because it has to adapt. When does it have to adapt? When you expose it to something that it has not done before. When is something that it has not done before? When the muscle is taxed 100%. That's 100% effort. What's 100% effort? When you train to 100% PHYSICAL, not mental failure. So, to make the muscle grow, you have to train with 100% effort otherwise, the muscle will not adapt/grow. Now, using the above logic, for a set to be beneficial to your growth, it needs to be 100% effort. So, a 100% effort set of an exercise, will make you grow. Then, what is the point to do a second set of that exercise? You cannot go more than 100%. The muscle already has been taxed by 100% from the first set, so why should you do a second one? You will just eat into your recovery ability.

So, you should only do one set to failure per exercise. Later on, I will describe the training program and how exercises and warm-ups are involved. A muscle will not grow until it's recovered. The muscle will not begin to recover until the nervous system is recovered. It takes roughly 24hours for the nervous system to recover from a workout. Only then will the muscle begin to recover and grow. So, you should never train 2 days in a row. Even if you train different bodyparts, you still use the same nervous system. You train 2 days in a row, your nervous system recovers, but by the time the muscles begin to, you train again, so the body has to concentrate again on recovering the nervous system. A training frequency of 3 days per week (Mon, Wed, Fri) is more than enough.

Numerous pros, including myself, train like this offseason for maximum growth. Even if you use steroids', you still have to train like this. Steroids increase your recovery ability, but they also make you stronger at a quicker rate. The extra strength will give you the ability to train harder/tear more muscle tissue, so you will need the extra recovery that the steroids will give you.

The following is a great training program that I recommend:

Mon - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps

• * Incline press - warm-up sets, 1 work set
  • * Flat flyes - 1 work set
  • * Millitary press - 1 warm-up, 1 work set
  • * Lateral flyes - 1 work set
  • * Rear delt machine - 1 work set
  • * Triceps pushdowns - 1 warm-up, 1 work set
  • * Lying triceps extensions - 1 work-set

Wed - Quads, Hams, Calves

• * Squats - warm-ups, 1 work set
  • * Leg press - work set
  • * Leg extension - work set
  • * Leg curl - warm-up, work set
  • * Stiff leg deadlift - work set
  • * Standing calf raise - work set

Fri - Abs, Back, Bis

• * Rope crunches - warm up, work set
  • * Lat pull down - warm-ups, work set
  • * Deadlift - warm-up, work set
  • * Bent-over rows - work set
  • * Shrugs - work set
  • * Standing BB curls - warm up, work set
  • * Concentration curl - work set

You do a lot of warm-ups for your first exercise of the day. You do one warm-up for the first exercise of each bodypart, only to optimize the firing of the neuropathways. Let's use chest as an example - if for example your max (work set) in the incline press is 3 plates, then you do 2 warm-ups with the bar, 2 warm-ups with one plate, 1 warm-up with 2 plates and then your work set with 3 plates. The work set is a set where you fail at about 6 reps. Every workout, you have to do more reps or increase the weight

• Created

admin 2 years ago
  • Last Reply

wolf32 11 months ago

replies

views

users

1 year ago #2
Rocslide420
Threads:
Reviews:
 Rocslide420
Rocslide420
Junior Member Posts: 7  Reviews: 0  Threads: 0 

That sounds pretty similar to the workout I used to do except we would do a warm-up set and then do three sets each. My final bench press was 405 my squat was 655 and my dead lift was 585. We work 3 days on one day off 3 days on. Now reading your post, it is no surprise that I didn't improve to that point quicker. That was on absolutely nothing. No supplements just a good diet. Then I started installing guardrail on the highways. Hardest job I've ever done! And I quit going to the gym. Fast forward 25 years. Back to the beginning.

1 year ago #3
oli
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 oli
oli
Contributing Member Posts: 352  Reviews: 1  Threads: 18 

Your story is very similar to mine except for that your stats are truly impressive, 405 bench & 655 squat is massive.
I mostly did the same training and i double that 3 days off and 3 days on is the best way to make fast progress and gain lots of strength in relatively shorter spans.

Quoted Rocslide420; Post# 474

That sounds pretty similar to the workout I used to do except we would do a warm-up set and then do three sets each. My final bench press was 405 my squat was 655 and my dead lift was 585. We work 3 days on one day off 3 days on. Now reading your post, it is no surprise that I didn't improve to that point quicker. That was on absolutely nothing. No supplements just a good diet. Then I started installing guardrail on the highways. Hardest job I've ever done! And I quit going to the gym. Fast forward 25 years. Back to the beginning.

1 year ago #4
Ziller33
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 Ziller33
Ziller33
Contributing Member Posts: 331  Reviews: 0  Threads: 85 

I had the very same workout in the beginning when i was a complete newbie. I started like everyone else high reps, low weights - 5 days a week but couldn't see no results.
I was young and couldn't wait, so i switched to DC Training. Right after one two weeks I was lifting 15% more weight and gained size. Couldn't have been happier.

IMHO DC Training is the Best for Beginners, once you learn in n outs of bb, you realize you train according to your bodys demands.

11 months ago #5
wolf32
Pro Bodybuilder
Threads:
Reviews:
 wolf32
wolf32
Pro Bodybuilder Posts: 48  Reviews: 1  Threads: 3 

Less IS more

11 months ago #6
DOUBLEG67
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 DOUBLEG67
DOUBLEG67
Contributing Member Posts: 105  Reviews: 0  Threads: 22 

I can see that you are truly passionate about bodybuilding, and it shows in the way you communicate with your readers. Thank you for clear yet informative piece of writing for newbies!

11 months ago #7
Greg
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 Greg
Greg
Contributing Member Posts: 176  Reviews: 0  Threads: 21 

I found your writing to be clear, concise, and well-researched. Your attention to detail and ability to explain complex ideas in a straightforward manner was greatly appreciated. I can see that you! Very Helpful.

11 months ago #8
Catalyst
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 Catalyst
Catalyst
Contributing Member Posts: 144  Reviews: 0  Threads: 19 

Do you prefer any diet plan along with the training program that you recommended?

11 months ago #9
wolf32
Pro Bodybuilder
Threads:
Reviews:
 wolf32
wolf32

DIET
2-3g protein per kilogram of bodyweight
0.5 to 1g/kg for fat
The rest carbs 

TRAINING
(example)
M, W, F
Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
Back/Biceps
Legs

or
Upper body then 4 days later lower body

warm up then 1 to 2 sets per body part. YES it works. However most people are not psychologically capable of performing at a high intensity. I learned after having trained with many many personal trainers. They just fold when the burn kicks in.

Quoted Catalyst; Post# 4004

Do you prefer any diet plan along with the training program that you recommended?

11 months ago #10
wolf32
Pro Bodybuilder
Threads:
Reviews:
 wolf32
wolf32

Thank you. I think after a couple decades you know what's BS and what's not and make it simple.

Quoted Greg; Post# 4001

I found your writing to be clear, concise, and well-researched. Your attention to detail and ability to explain complex ideas in a straightforward manner was greatly appreciated. I can see that you! Very Helpful.

@Mxla09 Vielen Dank für Ihr Feedback - wir wissen es wirklich zu schätzen!

PazMalta

5 hours ago .  5

I have ordered a couple of times now from DeusPower.shop and I'm very pleased with the experience. They offer a wide array of products that perfectly match my workout needs. (Mostly explosiv strength for martial arts). The quality of the supplements is outstanding, contributing ...

AllanG.

6 hours ago .  4.5

Ich habe Medikamente für die Therapie nach dem Kurs bestellt. Die Lieferung dauerte etwa eine Woche.Die Preise sind vergleichbar mit anderen Geschäften, aber das Sortiment ist größer. Ich habe alles gefunden, wonach ich gesucht habe